[hobbit] Graph Limits

Kevin Hanrahan Kevin at ewormhole.com
Sat Feb 5 04:26:20 CET 2005

I like that feature a lot!

-----Original Message-----
From: Henrik Stoerner [mailto:henrik at hswn.dk]
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2005 7:11 AM
To: hobbit at hswn.dk
Subject: Re: [hobbit] Graph Limits

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 05:10:38PM -0700, Charles Jones wrote:
> Sometimes a large spike can ruin a graph, because the graph then
> scales to the max size of the spike, so the rest of the graph isn't
> very readable as it is now scrunched down to almost a flat line.  Is
> it possible to have an option for Hobbits larrding so that you can
> define a maximum threshold not to extend past?

I've worked on this a bit, and so far I've come up with the solution that
you can see on my site - e.g. if you go to
http://www.hswn.dk/hobbit/servers/ , pick the "cpu" display for the first
host, and click the graph to see the 4 periodic graphs.

Direct link:
http://www.hswn.dk/hobbit-cgi/hobbitgraph.sh?host=voodoo.hswn.dk&service=la

At the bottom of the page you can define the lower- and upper-limit for the
graph, and which periodic graph you want to see. E.g enter "0.5" in the
upper-limit, click "View" and you'll get graphs that cut off spikes at load
0.5.

Something like that you had in mind ?

hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk