[hobbit] No Subject On Mail Alerts

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Feb 4 07:33:16 CET 2005

On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 03:30:45PM +1300, Andy France wrote:

> The email alerts I get from my hobbit user have no subject line.

Well, mine do :-)

What system is this on - Linux, Solaris, BSD or ... ?
What command is used to send mail on your system ?
What's the MAIL setting in your hobbitserver.cfg file ?

Try this. Login as the hobbit user, cd to the server/ directory and
run this command:

$ ./bin/bbcmd --env=etc/hobbitserver.cfg hobbitd_alert --test osiris.hswn.dk cpu
Matching host:service:page 'osiris.hswn.dk:cpu:' against rule line 109:Failed (hostname not in include list)
Matching host:service:page 'osiris.hswn.dk:cpu:' against rule line 112:Matched
    *** Match with 'HOST=!pto.linuxbog.dk,!router1.aab11.dk,!router2.aab11.dk EXSERVICE=dnsinfo,tes' ***
Matching host:service:page 'osiris.hswn.dk:cpu:' against rule line 113:Matched
    *** Match with 'MAIL henrik at hswn.dk REPEAT=15 RECOVERED COLORS=!purple' ***
Mail alert with command 'mail -s "BB [12345] osiris.hswn.dk:cpu is RED" henrik at hswn.dk'

(Obviously, you should use one of your own hostnames).

The command that is used to send mail is shown in the line beginning
with "Mail alert with command" - it should include a subject, so if it
doesn't when the mail shows up in your mailbox, you may have to use a
different MAIL setting on your system.