MySQL graphs

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 12:35:15 CET 2005

I've been playing with hobbit-4.1.2p1 for a week or so now, and have
just spent the last couple of hours banging my head on the  desk
trying to get bb-mysqlstat to show graphs.  Well, getting the reports
through wasn't hard, and I could even get an empty link to show on the
trends page by (mostly) following this advice:

  http://www.hswn.dk/hobbiton/2005/06/msg00268.html

but I wasn't getting graphs...

Anyway, to make a long story short, it looks like the [mysqlslow] and
[mysqlthread] entries in hobbitgraph.cfg need to have YAXIS defined.
With that in, I get graphs.

Looking at hobbitd/hobbitgraph.c, it appears that where YAXIS is
defined, it gets copied to newitem->yaxis (line 284), then that gets
copied to rrdargs (line 890).  I haven't had time to really read the
whole file closely, but unless rrdargs is being checked somewhere, I'd
guess that rrd_graph can't handle being passed an empty pointer for
the yaxis label...

This is a great tool, and if I can ever persuade management to switch
from Big Brother...  :)

Ralph Mitchell