Msgs - No log data available

Costa, Todd (DMH) Todd.Costa at state.ma.us
Tue Dec 27 21:21:38 CET 2005

Hello Hob-sters,

I have been testing my Hobbit server [4.1.2p1] for a number of weeks now.
Its working great and everything is going well so far with my test criteria.
I am wondering how do I fix the service type "msgs" that continues to be
clear on my hobbit server. The status is reporting the following: "No log
data available; The client did not report any logfile data." Not certain why
but I am running Debian 3.1 (stable) and I am using the server 4.1.2pl1 .deb
from sourceforge. Do I need the hobbitclient .deb to fix this? Its not a
huge issue but something I am trying to figure out. Its probably really
simple too. Sooo...

Looking at the hobbitlaunch.cfg, the hobbitserver.cfg and hobbitclient.sh I
can see and follow the scripts with the resulting tests to a msg.txt file
created in $BBHOME/TMP but its not getting back to the hobbit display that
is showing clear and what I have typed above. ie: no log data...

I have noticed a runclient.sh but don't see where its launched or referenced
in the cfg files at this point. Would this be the piece I am missing in my
configuration? It appears to be getting the data but its not going to the
display for what ever reason. So any input is appreciated.

Thanks in advance for responding to my questions.

PS. I did send this earlier but I did not get a email from the list server
indicating a post. So here it is again.