[hobbit] 2 questions

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Dec 15 14:53:13 CET 2005

On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 03:40:46AM -0500, Jeff Stoner wrote:
> 1. Can a hobbitd worker subscribe to more than one channel without
> launching multiple workers?

No. One instance of each worker module listens to one channel only.
However, you can have the same worker module running in multiple
instances, e.g. hobbitd_rrd runs twice - one listens on the "status"
channel, the other listens on the "data" channel.

> 2. What is the hobbitd_filter program? The comment is:
>
> /* Filter for incoming messages.

It's a left-over from some early thoughts I had about how to deal with
clients.

> but I don't see where it gets called from hobbitd or launched as a
> separate process. I'm very intrigued by this code and what I can
> accomplish with it.

It was never finished, so you cannot do anything with it. What did you
have in mind ?