[hobbit] bbtest-net core dumps when reading bb-services

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Dec 14 16:32:24 CET 2005

On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 02:26:01PM +0100, Andreas Dembach wrote:

> I'm running the 4.1.2.p1-1 .deb-package on a Debian Sarge box. After not
> getting any test results I realized that the bbtest-net daemon does not
> even start, but directly segfaults after startup. After playing around with
> strace I figured out that it has to do with the service definitions. After
> I moved /etc/hobbit/bb-services away, it starts perfectly, just complaining
> that it has to use internal defaults.

So the million dollar question is: What's in your bb-services file ?

> Is this a known problem for the Debian package? Could this also have to do
> with our bb-hosts file that I copied from a BB 1.9c server?

No, I use the Debian packages myself and dont have this problem.
I suspect there is something different in your bb-services file
(it's flagged as a configuration file, so dpkg will not overwrite
it with a default file if you have changed it locally). If you
have a bb-services.dpkg-dist file, is it any different ?