bbtest-net core dumps when reading bb-services

Andreas Dembach ad at dg-i.net
Wed Dec 14 14:26:01 CET 2005

Hi,

I'm running the 4.1.2.p1-1 .deb-package on a Debian Sarge box. After not
getting any test results I realized that the bbtest-net daemon does not
even start, but directly segfaults after startup. After playing around with
strace I figured out that it has to do with the service definitions. After
I moved /etc/hobbit/bb-services away, it starts perfectly, just complaining
that it has to use internal defaults.

Another uncorrect behaviour (I guess) with the bb-services file from the
package in its default location:

-------------------------
hobbit at debianbox:~$  bbtest-net --services --debug 2>&1
Command: bbtest-net '--services' '--debug'
Environment BBLOCATION=''
Environment CONNTEST='TRUE'
Environment IPTEST_2_CLEAR_ON_FAILED_CONN='TRUE'

Service list dump

BBNETSVCS set to : smtp telnet ftp pop pop3 pop-3 ssh imap ssh1 ssh2 imap2
imap3 imap4 pop2 pop-2 nntp
Service list dump

hobbit at debianbox:~$

I tried even a very minimalistic bb-services file with just the smtp
service definition from the bb-services.5 man-page. That also leads to a
segfault.

Is this a known problem for the Debian package? Could this also have to do
with our bb-hosts file that I copied from a BB 1.9c server?

Regards,
Andreas Dembach