[hobbit] tru64 file system vanished.

FIGARO Nicolas nfigaro at effigie.fr
Tue Dec 13 13:31:49 CET 2005

Hi,

	-----Message d'origine-----
	De : Cortes, Manny [mailto:Manuel.Cortes at ORHS.ORG]
	Envoyé : mardi 13 décembre 2005 13:26
	À : hobbit at hswn.dk
	Objet : [hobbit] tru64 file system vanished.

	Hello,

	   I have a situation where the /var/adm/messages file system is being reported as missing by hobbit under the "msgs" column. We've confirmed that the file system is still there and even tried a hobbit stop/start to no avail.

	the filesystem is still here, but is the file still here (/var/adm/messages) ?

	We have not loaded a new client on this server, still running the older bbclient but it's worked fine up till now.

	sometimes the /var/adm/messages is rotated with the newsyslog (/usr/lib)

	Any ideas?

	check the newsyslog script to see if a new file is generated when the old one is rotated.

	otherwise, you can simply add a line like this one :

	date >> /var/adm/messages

	after the log rotate.

	Nicolas FIgaro

	Thanks,