[hobbit] Re: hobbit_rrd stops working after about 1 hour

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Aug 23 09:16:00 CEST 2005

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 08:28:46AM +0200, Olivier Beau wrote:
> i've looked closer this night, and i saw that hobbitd_rrd was running at 100% on
> the cpu it was on;
> i tried to strace the procees, but strace wouldnt give me any ouptut !
> i finally killed hobbitd_rrd, and everything went back to normal.

Your description sounds as if hobbitd_rrd goes into some loop.  That would
explain why strace shows nothing (strace only shows system call activity -
if an application is looping in user-mode it won't show any system call
activity).

The next time it happens, could you kill it with "kill -ABRT" ? That
should cause it to dump core, and that might give a clue as to where
it is looping.

> henrik, could this be a OS issue or more a hobbitd_rrd problem ?

hobbitd_rrd, I'm afraid.