[hobbit] bug, alarming on memory?

David Gore David.Gore at mci.com
Tue Aug 23 01:41:53 CEST 2005

I suppose I am the only one, who cannot get the memory settings to fire
in hobbit-clients.cfg?

Here is a little snippet from bbcmd:

hobbit at hobbit:/export/home/hobbit/server> bin/bbcmd hobbitd_client --test
2005-08-22 23:30:36 Using default environment file
/export/home/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg
Hostname (.=end, ?=dump, !=reload) []: myHost05
Test (cpu, mem, disk, proc): mem
Phys: Yellow at 100, red at 101
Swap: Yellow at 90, red at 95
Act.: Yellow at 90, red at 98

Here is the definition:

HOST=%myHost05
	PROC "%someproc" 1 1
.
.
.
         PROC "%another proc" 1 1
         PHYS 90 95
         MEMSWAP 50 65
         DISK / 90 95
         DISK "%^/home/.*" 95 98
         LOAD 18.0 22.0

# These are the built-in defaults.
UP      1h
LOAD    5.0 10.0
DISK    * 90 95
MEMPHYS 90 98
MEMSWAP 90 95
MEMACT  90 98

There are numerous other missing, non-firing entries like these:

MEMSWAP 50 65
DISK / 90 95
DISK %^/home/.* 95 98
LOAD 18.00 22.00

Should these have HOST entries after them when you do a dump with bbcmd?
  Like the following from the same dump?  Perhaps commenting out PROC
entries is causing the parsing to lose track of where it is?

DISK / 90 95 HOST=%aNewHost05
DISK %^/home/.* 95 98 HOST=%aNewHost05
MEMSWAP 90 95 HOST=%aNewHost05
LOAD 18.00 22.00 HOST=%aNewHost05

I am on the snapshot from the 21st, I have been trying them daily hoping
for a fix.  May be my .cfg is corrupt some how?