[hobbit] hobbitd_client core dumps

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sat Aug 13 18:10:58 CEST 2005

On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 09:28:30AM -0700, Brian Lynch wrote:

> We are running the Solaris sar script from deadcat that dumps anywhere from
> 200K to 900K data via the 'status' channel.

Yikes! that's a lot more than I thought would go in a status message.

I've now made these settings configurable in hobbitserver.cfg,
instead of having to change the source and re-compile. The default
for the status channel is still 256 kB, but you just add
  MAXMSG_STATUS="1024"
to your hobbitserver.cfg, and it will use that instead.

> the hobbitd_client channel has not core dumped since I put the
> latest snapshot in place.

Good to know.

Thanks,