Hobbit Client (newbie questions)

KSawyer at Wabtec.com KSawyer at Wabtec.com
Fri Aug 12 16:40:53 CEST 2005

I am new with Hobbit and Linux as a whole. I have configured the server
and am monitoring several network devices and servers for connectivity.
I have also set up the client on a Windows server and am monitoring that
successfully with the BB windows client. I am having trouble configuring
the client side to work on the server and installing the hobbit-client
on additional servers. Note I have not installed the client just the
server. Do I need to install the client side on the server or is it part
of the package?

On the server I have configured the ../client/etc/bb-dftab to warn at an
extremely low number (5) /:5:20 for testing, but I am not getting any
warning. I have run "service hobbit force-reload" thinking it should
reload the config files and also tried to restarted the hobbit service.

I have also tried to install the hobbit client on another FC4 server and
have been unsuccessful. Can someone point me in the right direction for
any docs for client installs?

Thanks for all of the help on advance.

Kevin