[hobbit] client msgs column

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Aug 10 08:07:47 CEST 2005

On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 11:20:01PM +0000, David Gore wrote:
> I know the msgs function of the hobbit client is not implemented or at
> least not fully implemented.  I have installed the bb-msgs.sh as an
> external script along with what other files it needs to run.
> Regardless, it toggle between clear and green every 5 minutes.  Is the
> server doing some processing on the msgs column over-writing my green
> status?

It is, and I forgot an option to turn that off. I've implemented that
now, so you can run hobbitd_client with a "--no-clear-msgs" option and
it will not mess with your msgs status.

It's in the latest snapshot.

> # For the msgs check
> DOMSGS="FALSE"
> NOMSGSCOLOR="clear"
>
> I was hoping DOMSGS="FALSE" would turn off anything the client might be
> doing in favor of my external bb-msgs.sh.  Any help?

I've removed all of the BB client configuration-settings from the
hobbitserver.cfg file, since they apparently cause lots of confusion.
Hobbit never looks at those - they were there solely to cater for
running the BB client via hobbitlaunch. So now Hobbit will only include
the definitions for commands used by scripts, not all of the BB client
configuration settings.