[hobbit] Client feature request, bug?

David Gore David.Gore at mci.com
Mon Aug 8 23:47:40 CEST 2005

Henrik Stoerner wrote:

>On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 01:27:08PM +0000, David Gore wrote:
>

>>Additionally, we used to monitor a process like this in the BB client:
>>
>>localhost :: JBoss3-workflow
>>
>>On the hobbit server with the new client I have to get more specific:
>>
>>PROC "-Dse.process.name=JBoss3-workflow"
>>

>Could you try with
>     PROC "%-Dse.process.name=JBoss3-workflow"
>i.e. use a reg.expression instead of a simple string ?
>
>Right now the process-name checks will accept any kind of match
>for a regular expression. But for simple string matches, it assumes
>the string is a program name, not an option - so it wants a blank or
>a slash before and after the part of the string that it finds in
>the ps output.
>
>I thought it was a good idea when I did that, but now I'm not so sure.
>

>Regards,
>Henrik
>

>To unsubscribe from the hobbit list, send an e-mail to
>hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk

Tried this

PROC "%FilterManager" 1

and got this

%FilterManager (found 1,  req. 1 or more)

Looks like '%' gets displayed, but this is closer to what I am looking for.

If I leave the '%' off then I get proc not found, and as you have already stated you said it is fairly restrictive.

Thanks for the '--no-ps-listing' by the way, that makes the web page look much better.

~David