client hostname/ feature request aliasnames

Rolf Schrittenlocher Schrittenlocher at rz.uni-frankfurt.de
Mon Aug 1 08:55:29 CEST 2005

Hi,

> 3) Tell the server about the other hostname used by the
>    client, by adding a "CLIENT:clienthostname" tag to the
>    the hosts' entry in the servers' bb-hosts file.

it seems like that could be a solution for our problem with aliasnames
(as far as multiple entries like this are allowed). We'd only have to
change the servers' bb-hosts file each time an alias is moving to
another machine.

kind regards
Rolf

Mit freundlichen Gruessen

Rolf Schrittenlocher

HRZ/BDV, Senckenberganlage 31, 60054 Frankfurt
Tel. Sammelnr. LBS: (49) 69 - 798 28830
Fax: (49) 69 798 28817
LBS: lbs-f at mlist.uni-frankfurt.de

Persoenlich: schritte at rz.uni-frankfurt.de