[hobbit] Comments wanted - OK to drop BB support in Hobbit?

Stew Lambert slambert at lambertsolutions.com
Fri Apr 22 15:48:59 CEST 2005

I think you've done an amazing job.  Cutting the ties with Qwest is a good
thing.  I bought the PE version during a big sale last year, and haven't
heard a thing from them (upgrades, etc).  They should have given you a big
check and thrown bbgen into BB.  Just my personal opinion.

On the agent side, though I am not a programmer by trade, I am trying to
develop a windows client.  Just working on it when I have the time.  I'll
post something when I get it, however I expect it won't be for a month or
two.

Thanks for everything Henrik.

<snip>

> > To be honest, I wonder if the quest version of BB is
> > actually selling/successful... ie, are there still loads
> > of new BB users sprouting up, or is it just old BTF
> > license users who are using/maintaining old BB
> > installations....
>
> There haven't been many commercial updates, and it looks
> like Quest is starting to move away from giving the source
> out.

One thing I've noticed is that traffic on the BB mailing list appears
to have dropped significantly after the Hobbit mailinglist started,
and the beta-testing really got going.

There are currently 169 adresses subscribed to the Hobbit list, and a
handful more only on the announcement-list. I guess I must be doing
something right :-)

hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk