[hobbit] hobbit log dir

Henrik Storner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Apr 21 18:25:52 CEST 2005

In <015501c54681$db881020$0100a8c0 at lexus.lausnir.net> "Jon Bjorn Njalsson" <jonbjorn at hi.is> writes:

>Is there no directory where bbclient information is gaterd.

Welcome to Hobbit. One thing Hobbit does very differently is that all
of the status-reports are kept only in memory - writing them to disk
is just too slow.

If you really must, you can enable the [bbstatus] task in
hobbitlaunch.cfg to get the file-based status-logs, but I really
cannot recommend doing that - and it is not necessary to do what you
want.

>In bigbrother I hade exhangeservers sending in information about
>private and public database sizes, the log file would contain f ex

>green 20.4.2005 16:29:02

>Exchange Database size check (GB):
>&green PrivateDatabase: 12.99
>&green PublicDatabase : 3.22

>and I was able to graph that with larrd. I am able to let hobbit display
>this graph but hobbit isn't getting the feed from the client.

Have a look at the hobbitd_larrd man-page, the "Custom RRD data"
section. It should be really simple to write a Hobbit RRD extension to
pick out those two data-items and have them tracked in an RRD file.
If you cannot work it out, write again and I'll give you a hand with
it.

BTW, the script you're using - is that something you wrote yourself or
picked up from Deadcat ? I do try to make Hobbit work "out of the box"
with some of the popular extensions from Deadcat, so if this is
something that would be useful to others then I can add the graphing
of this status-message into Hobbit.