[hobbit] hobbit log dir

Marsh, Ian ian.marsh at hants.gov.uk
Thu Apr 21 17:10:19 CEST 2005

You'll need to write an extension script to process the information as it's received by Hobbit and output the appropriate data to the lard subsystem. There are instructions on the 'hobbitd_larrd' manpage in the 'Custom RRD Data' section. Note that there is an error on each of the grep/awk lines in the example script; each line is missing a back tick to close the command. I ended up writing my own version of the script in Perl which will be easier for me/someone to maintain. It took a couple of hours for me to get this working this morning but having a graph for the Exim (MTA) queue size is already proving very useful!

Thanks,
Ian Marsh

  _____