[hobbit] MRTG & Hobbit

Henrik Storner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Apr 12 16:50:50 CEST 2005

In <40534FFD21F8E9428DD8CCF2B60B09EC6E91FE at atlitdc01.atg.local> "Lowery, Michael" <mlowery at alliedtechgroup.com> writes:

>Bbmrtg.sh has this in it, but I don't know how to determine what it's
>doing and why it's reporting the error.
>
>        timenow=`$BBHOME/bin/touchtime -e`
>        timediff=`echo "$lasttimestamp $timenow" | $AWK '{ print $2 - $1}'`
[snip]
>        if [ "$timediff" -gt 0 ]
>        then
[cut]
>        else
>                ERRMSG="Time stamp in log is on the future !"
>        fi

I suspect this may happen if you run bbmrtg with BBHOME pointing to
the Hobbit installation - because the "touchtime" utility does not
exist. So you get "timediff" to be negative from the awk command.

If you have GNU date installed, I'd just replace that line with

        timenow=`date +%s`

and see if that resolves it.