[hobbit] hobbitd_alert column

ZanDAhaR allan at zandahar.net
Mon Apr 11 14:06:59 CEST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Henrik Stoerner" <henrik at hswn.dk>
To: <hobbit at hswn.dk>
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2005 7:25 PM
Subject: Re: [hobbit] hobbitd_alert column

> On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 09:53:14AM +1000, ZanDAhaR wrote:
>>
>> I have just upgraded to the latest release of hobbit (moved old dir out
>> and
>> rebuilt so there were no old files) and I am now seeing a new column on
>> the
>> hobbit display page called hobbitd_alert and its staying red.
>>
>> Open it up and it says -Program crashed
>> Fatal signal caught!
>
> If this is timestamped just around the time of your upgrade - did you
> shut down Hobbit before installing the new version ? Or was it running
> when you installed the new files ?
>
>> I can't say I rememebr ever seeing this column ever appear before. Anoher
>> thing is its still doing all of its alerts perfectly so I'm not sure why
>> I'm
>> getting this red msg.
>
> This is a "panic message" that it sends when it crashes with a fatal
> error. That obviously should not happen normally, which is why you
> don't see this column in normal use. And also the reason why it goes
> purple (it doesn't get updated).
>
> For now, I'd suggest doing
>  ~hobbit/server/bin/bb 127.0.0.1 "drop HOSTNAME.hobbitd_alert"
> to remove this column - if it shows up again we'll look at it (there
> should be a core file in ~hobbit or ~hobbit/server/tmp/ to investigate).
>
>> NB: Keep up the kick a$$ work with hobbit :)
>
> Doing my best :-))
>

> Henrik

> hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk

Hobbit was definately shutdown when i upgraded it. Altho I didnt really
upgrade it, I shut it down, moved the server dir and re-config,make,make
install.

I had a look and there was a core file of some sort in the tmp folder so I
shut the server down, moved it, started it back up and did the bb drop etc
etc and hasnt come back after about 15 mins or so (touch wood) so wait and
see

Thanks for that Henrik

Cheers

Allan