hobbit alert and STOP messages

Christopher T. Beers ctbeers at syr.edu
Sun Apr 10 04:43:21 CEST 2005

I am having some difficulties with the STOP rules when an alert is
triggered.  I have the following rule in my hobbit-alert file.

HOST=somehost.syr.edu
        MAIL ctbeers at syr.edu REPEAT=30m RECOVERED STOP
        MAIL pager_number at archwireless.net REPEAT=15m FORMAT=SMS RECOVERED
STOP

My understanding is that the alert module should alert me and the pager
when the alert triggers.  However, it appears that when the alert module
encounters the STOP keyword it stop processing the entire rule (instead of
stopping only if the recipient has already been alerted).

Is this intended and if so how do I accomplish alerting two users for alert
rules?

Note:  I was running beta6 when this problem occurred.  I have updated to
4.0.1 with the eventlog patch, so maybe its fixed there.

--
Christopher T. Beers
Lead UNIX Architect - System Infrastructure Services (SIS)