[hobbit] Combination of keywords in rules

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Apr 6 14:40:10 CEST 2005

On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 01:49:45PM +0200, Etienne Roulland wrote:

> i'm trying to set rules with multiples conditions
>
> like
>
> "COLOR=red "and" SERVICE=* "and" DURATION>6m REPEAT=15m RECOVER"

  COLOR=red DURATION>6m RECOVERED
      MAIL someone at somewhere.com REPEAT=15m

will do what you want. The rule matching requires that all criteria
are met before a rule matches, so there's an implicit "and" between
each criteria.

"RECOVERED" is actually just a flag - if an alert message was sent
out, then the RECOVERED flag means that a recovery message will also
be sent.

> Events are matching if COLOR is RED "OR" duration> 6m..
>
> Don't know if i'm clear in my question...

It would probably help if you run

   ~hobbit/server/bin/hobbitd_alert --test HOSTNAME SERVICE

for the host/service that is causing you headaches, and let us see
what the output is.