rrd graphs for bb-xsnmp.pl script

Deal, Richard rdeal at tigr.org
Tue Apr 5 15:33:29 CEST 2005

I had a lot of graphs for several routers, ups, etc but they seem to be
rather hosed.  It looks like the data that was transferred is graphed
well but no new data is going in correctly.  It seems that any script
sending data in a status message is not working.  I suspect due to the
formatting.

One example is bb-xsnmp.pl script.  I am using against routers, switches
and apc ups.  Using an APC ups as an example I get this in the web page:

Tue Apr 5 09:23:03 2005

green UPS Temperature: 37? C

bb-xsnmp.pl Version: 1.78

but in hobbit/data/rrd/apc1.tigr.org
I have:
tcp.conn.rrd
tcp.telnet.rrd
temperature.UPS_Temperature:_37&deg_C.rrd
temperature.UPS_Temperature:_38&deg_C.rrd

and the graph on the temperature page has no data but two entries at the
bottom for
UPS_Temperature:_37&deg_C   and UPS_Temperature:_38&deg_C

This problem is much worse on my switches and routers which have a
different line for each sensor and every temperature ever reported.